Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Be separate from the unbelievers.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Shine View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Shine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Be separate from the unbelievers.
    Posted: 01 December 2007 at 5:08pm
Be separate from the unbelievers. What type of separation we should keep? Many brethren say you should not allow the unbelievers to come in to your house. Why does so? Because in the bible many place we can see that our Lord sit with prostitudes and tax collector.
Shine P Thomas
sambudhanoor View Drop Down

Quote sambudhanoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2007 at 7:02pm

Dear Shine

As we are living in this world, contact with un-believers is necessary and unavoidable, as our neighbours, relatives, co-workers in working place or studying place etc. When we are in contacts with the un-believers, we have to stand and identified as a believer and their way of life or conducts will not influence our way of life or conducts.

As we are believers in Christ Jesus, our relationship, and fellowship will be more with the co-believers. We need to separate so many ways from the world is going on.

1Jn 2:15  Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

1Jn 2:16  For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world.

Yours in Christ.

Shine View Drop Down

Quote Shine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2007 at 1:39am
2 Corinthians 6:14
[ Do Not Be Yoked With Unbelievers ] Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?
What does it really mean?
Shine P Thomas
Shine View Drop Down

Quote Shine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2007 at 1:51am
Do Not Be Yoked With Unbelievers
14Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 15What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? What does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."[c]
17"Therefore come out from them
      and be separate, says the Lord.
   Touch no unclean thing,
      and I will receive you."[d]
18"I will be a Father to you,
      and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."[e]
Shine P Thomas

Quote sambudhanoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2007 at 4:26pm

Dear Shine

2 Corinthians 6: 14 -18 is very clearly stated the separation we need to keep, it has some allusion with the old testament writings also.

The differences are drawn out here.

(1)  Righteousness      -   Unrighteousness

(2)  Light                      -    Darkness

(3)   Christ                   -     Belial

(4)   Temple of God    -      Idols

Chirst Jesus is our Saviour and Lord, our body is the temple of God, we are Righteous, we are Sons of God, we need to walk in the light.

Php 3:9  and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith;

Eph 5:8  For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light

1Pe 2:9  But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for possession, so that you might speak of the praises of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;

1Co 3:16  Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

2 Corinthians 6: 14 is also meant marriage relationship, as the believer do not have marriage relationship with an unbeliever.

2Co 6:17  Therefore "COME OUT FROM AMONG THEM AND BE SEPARATE, SAYS THE LORD. DO NOT TOUCH WHAT IS UNCLEAN, AND I WILL RECEIVE YOU."

Isa 52:11  Depart! Depart! Go out from there, Touch no unclean thing; Go out from the midst of her, Be clean, You who bear the vessels of the LORD.

Yours in Christ.

nelson View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2008 at 11:31pm

‘Separation is not isolation.’ We are not supposed to isolate ourselves from the people. We have to live among them as salt and light. Martthew.5:13—16.  This truth is clearly mentioned in John.17 where the Lord refers a lot on our separation. “Now I am no longer in the world, but these are in the world.” “I do not pray that you should take them out of the world, that you should keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.” John.17:11, 15, 16. The kind of separation the Lord Jesus Christ expects from us is this, that we live in the world, among the people, yet living in such a way that we are not of this world. We are not following the pattern and the practices of those unbelievers around us.

To read more abot separation visit the link below

Edited by nelson - 23 September 2008 at 1:11am

Quote johnsonsatya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 7:15am
DEAR BRETHEREN,
I HAVE A QUESTION?
WHAT ARE THE EVENTS HAPPENING ,AFTER SECOND COMING OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST
johnsonsatya

Quote sambudhanoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 5:20pm

Dear Johsonsatya

Your question is not related to the subject of this thread, if you can please start a new thread.

Jesus Christ’s second coming has 2 parts one is the mid-air arrival at Rapture as seen in 1 Thesallonians 4: 16 – 18 and other part is Christ’s coming to this earth when his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives as seen in Zechariah 4: 14.

Which one you are referred to?

johnsonsatya View Drop Down

Quote johnsonsatya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2008 at 8:16pm
Thank u dear brother in the Lord
My question is related to  Zechairah 4:14
johnsonsatya

Quote sambudhanoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2008 at 1:59pm

Dear Bro. Johsonsatya

Sorry for delay in responding.

Christ’s coming to this earth on the Mount of Olives is at the end of great tribulation, when the Armageddon conflict is going on, Christ’s angels will destroy the enemies of Israel and save them.

Then the millennium starts, which is for 1000 years Christ will rule the world in righteousness with his saints.

Yours in Christ.

Post Reply Post Reply