Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

some questions 2

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sambudhanoor View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sambudhanoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2008 at 10:49am

Dear Sis. Tinka

It is glad to hear that your unbelieving Parents and friends are saying Jesus can help you, it is a positive sign. We can pray that they also come to the Grace of God and become the Children of Living God.

Concentrate on studies definitely our Lord will help you.

With Prayers

Yours in Christ.

doghter_of_zion View Drop Down

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2008 at 1:46pm
Dear brethren,
If God so permits, I shall be travelline to Hosur, this Friday. I don't know, if I'll get any net acess there, since its far from the nearest town, and we are not allowed to leave the campus, without permission.
Please excuse me, if I'm not able to join the forum, or check email. I request your kind prayers and do bear with me. I do and shall always remember you in my prayers.
Love you all in Christ Jesus,
Your's in Christ,
Tinka
Maranatha!!!

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2008 at 4:14pm

Dearst brethren,

Please pray for my spiritual life, esp. when i feel so discouraged, when I find that even in our assemblies, they have become so linient that there is no difference between other mainline evangelical denominations and our assemblies!

Need your prayers, that God would show me grace & mercy, and that He would open the ways, for me, esp because, I cant really go back home, having came here,& my parents have spent so much money in sending me here.

Please pray for me, and if you know of any good assembly or can find out...please let me know.
Yours in Christ,
Tinka
Maranatha!!!

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2008 at 4:17pm
Dear brethren,i tried my best to post reply on keralabrethren forum,bt faild due2some technical problem.
But most of u i infer that u hold onto the doctrine,that its ok for sisters to pray aloud in assemblies,and other meetings.but i understand that when someone pray aloud in d congregation,he/she leads d entire congregation.when we read of prayers in congregation,then d leader,leads d entire group,as in prayers of O.T..e.g.Neh4:4.
In d congregatn,al has2b don for d edificatn of othrs.othrwise,a personal prayr may wel b don in d solitary of a room,alon b4 God.
Wel,u may feel that i'm dogmatic,bt regardng Lord's Supper,which i believ is d most intimate tim of feloship,nt only wid God,bt also with each other.
Maranatha!!!

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2009 at 11:15am
Dear brethren,
Greetings in the matchless and awesome name of our one and only Lord Jesus!
I could visit this site after long time, and I'm so glad that the Lord has been using you for the edification of His saints through these sites.
You know, one thing I learnt staying in the Bible College is, there are lots of people who are very godly, but are not  strong in their theologically, on the other hand there are those who are doctrinally perfect while preaching..seems so spiritual but empty shell while it comes to practice (may be  too am a bit like this..cant judge any1)..but..sometimes I find big-shot people teaching some things (from d Bible) which I can not really reconcile with.
e.g., we were taught that God after creating the world in 7 (24 hours) day created eve after that...do you guys beleive in it too? but I no longer judge peple based on their doctrine. Learnt my bit of lesson...
sincerely in Christ,
Tinka
Maranatha!!!
nelnob1 View Drop Down

Quote nelnob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2009 at 1:42pm
xxxxx

Edited by nelnob1 - 07 February 2009 at 1:43pm
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today and forever
nelnob1 View Drop Down

Quote nelnob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2009 at 1:42pm
Dear sister Satabdi in Christ,

Welcome back, The scripture is very much clear in itself, but man has possessed more knowledge which is also God given which sometimes might surprise God himself

The is creation sequence mentioned in Genesis 1

6And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and FEMALE created he them.

28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be FRUITFUL, and MULTIPLY, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

29And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

30And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

31And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the SIXTH day.

I think the verses are self explanatory.

Yours in Christ
Sam
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today and forever
sambudhanoor View Drop Down

Quote sambudhanoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2009 at 4:58pm

Dear Sis Tinka

As far the creation is concerned when we read the following words it is understand that the universe had been made within 6 days.

Exo 20:11  For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Exo 31:17  It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.' "

Yours in Christ

George P. Koshy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote George P. Koshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2009 at 7:05pm
Dear Tinka,

What you wrote about Genesis 1 and 2 is the product of 'Higher Criticism' that originated in Germany in the late 18th century.  They denied the verbal inspiration of the scriptures, as taught by our Lord Jesus Christ.

Genesis 2 account of the creation of Adam and the Woman, is the detailed explanation of the creation of man on the sixth day, as we read in Genesis 1.

This is similar to Genesis 1:1 and what follows after that in that chapter.  Genesis 1:2 to the end of that chapter explains what is stated in Genesis 1:1.
Shalom malekim!!!
George P. Koshy

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2009 at 6:25am
Dear brethren,
I too believe that these verses are self-explanatory, but thats not what many others hold on to. They say "27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and FEMALE created he them. " is a summary statement of the creation of man and is later explained in chap. 2. Bro. George, they dont hold onto higher criticism, nor approve that. They beieve in verbal plenary inspiration.
They hold to the view that God created everything in 7 days, but that doesnt mean all His works were over. He continued to work in the history.
Let me tell you what they believe quoting them "creation of Eve was not on the sixth day. Gen. 1: 27 only reports the creation of man from whom woman was later created(summary), and Gen. 2 reports the actual process of the creation of woman."
So as far as I understand what they say is that woman was in man, so Gen 1:27 is summary. This idead is illustrated with the example that we all sinned in Adam. We were not born, was generically we were in Adam. So when Adam sinned, we all sinned.
So thats their view and they they dont hold onto higer criticism, but lower criticism.
I'm still not comfortable with this view though.
Do keep praying for God's grace over me, to study  well, yet hold to the word of God.
with prayers for you and Christian love,
Tinka
Maranatha!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>