Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Holy Living

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Catburglur View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Catburglur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Holy Living
    Posted: 30 January 2006 at 12:56pm
Most of us reading this forumn are hopefully born again of the spirit. After one's name is written in the book of life in heaven- we await the triumphant 2nd comming of master jesus or when we die- we will be taken up yonder too heavens beauty.

Lets live Holy Lives on this world. Remember Jesus was fasting in the wilderness as scripture tells us. He was drawing nigh too gods holy presence. Jesus was a humble servent too the father triune god-head. The Bible tells us, "Be ye holy for I am holy". After we are children of light- its required that we walk in gods commandments. Obedience too the Holy Bible is extremly important. Everyday when you get up in the morning: make it a habbit too open the Holy Bible and read some portions from the sacred text.

May gods name be glorified amen.
Catburglur View Drop Down

Quote Catburglur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2006 at 1:08am
Apply the holy bible too your day-too-day life. rely upon god too guide you in your daily routine.
davidchase View Drop Down

Quote davidchase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 March 2006 at 3:49pm

Dear all,

I would like to post some thoughts with the sincere wish to learn more from the group.

Hebrews 12:14, - without holiness no man shall see the Lord.  I Thessalonians 4:7- For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.

Romans 1:5,6 - We are 'called' of Jesus Christ, beloved of God, "called to be saints".

Titus 3:5 - Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us- 

I Thessalonians 4 :4 - every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour.

II Timothy 1:9 - God - has called us with an holy calling.

Galatians 5:25 - If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Galatians 5:16 _ Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Galatians 5:24 - they that are Christ's have crucified ( mortified / treated as dead / have made ineffective --my understanding! ) the flesh with the affections and lusts.

II Peter 1:4,5 - exceeding great and precious promises are given unto us - that by these we might be part-takers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.  

I Peter 1:22 - ye have purified (sanctified )your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit-

Hebrews 12:6,10,11 - When the Lord chastens us, it is for our profit, that we might be part-takers of his holiness.  It yields the peace-able fruit of righteousness if we are exercised (changed / appropriate re-orientation and correction is applied)  by that chastening.

II Peter 3:11 - Proof of the 'preparation for the day of the Lord' lies in the right attitude (godliness) and actions (holy conversation -holiness).

Romans 2:7 - To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life.

Romans 6:22 - But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.

Romans 6:19 - even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness

John 17:17 -Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is the truth.

Psalms 119:133 - Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me.

John 8:31,32 - If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples in-deed And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

I John 2:3 - And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

I John 1:6 - ( implies that ) if we walk in the light, we 'do' the truth.

Psalms 119:101 - I have refrained my feet from every evil way that I might keep thy word.

Psalms 119 : 104 Through thy precepts I get understanding:  therefore I hate every false way.

Psalms 119:130-  The entrance of thy words giveth light:  it giveth understanding unto the simple.  

I Peter 1:15-17  - And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

Romans 13:14 - But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh to fulfil the lusts thereof. 

Romans 13:12 - let us therefore cast off the works of darkness and let us put on the armour of light.

Romans 12:1,2 - present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind - 

Galatians 6:7,8 - Be not deceived:  God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.  For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption:  but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

I Peter 2:16 - As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God.

Hebrews 12:1,2 - let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;

Hebrews 12:15 -  Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God:

Hebrews 13:20, 21 - Now the God of peace --- Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is well-pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ;

I Peter 5:8,9 - Be sober, be vigilant: -- resist (the devil) stedfast in the faith, 

I Peter 5:10 - the God of all grace ---make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

I Thessalonians 5:23 - And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly:

II Peter 3:17 - seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

Sanctification itself means being set apart

david chase
George P. Koshy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote George P. Koshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2006 at 12:22am

Dear David Chase,

You posted a number of verses from the scriptures.  Yes, they are from the Word of God.  I do not know what your intent was, in placing them for us to read.  You wrote that you "would like to post some thoughts."  What are your thoughts?  I failed to see any.  Please help.

Shalom malekim!!!
George P. Koshy

Quote davidchase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2006 at 7:27pm

Dear George P Koshy,

I shall try to clear the thought block of my own making!

Going back to the thread's title - holy living - which happened to be the subject of my personal study recently, I shall share my understanding from the scriptures.

Righteousness is imputed to the "believers" of Lord Jesus Christ and we are called to lead holy lives - live out holy lives -in practice.  Grace is no license to sin. Sin does easily entangle us in our walk.

We are sanctified by His word, by the Holy Spirit which is given to us who believe in Him and whose job also  is to correct us when we side-track.  It implies being set apart by God for His work and glory and also includes actively taking steps to do what is pleasing to God.  All our righteous deeds are like filthy rags in His presence , and we cannot earn salvation by works. It places a responsibility on us to "choose" His ways and resolve to keep clear of things that can "grieve Him".  Basically it is God's work in our lives- His enablement, and requires our willingness to obey and fulfil His desires.

The secret of holiness is in an "ongoing" obedience to His will as outlined by His sanctifying word, and all credit to God for any good that is seen in our lives.  

As believers we are servants of righteousness, to holiness, and have no obligation at all to the flesh and its desires, but on the contrary to the Holy Spirit which has been given to us, and we are known by the fruit we bear.

I look forward to your comments. 

david chase

Quote davidchase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2006 at 7:28pm

P.S:-Warm christian greetings

david chase

david chase
navin View Drop Down

Quote navin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2007 at 4:21am
good
Navin Sammy
navin View Drop Down

Quote navin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2007 at 6:00am

Hello

It's been a long time since someone has contributed here. It's the first time for me at this website, and it's encouraging. I'm from South Africa, in a small assembly.

would you agree that Hebrews 12:14, - without holiness no man shall see the Lord. refers to the position fo the believer in the Lord Jesus. When we got saved, God made us holy once for all, which has to do with our position in Christ. Heb10v10" By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all." So positionally God has made us holy (sanctified us) based upon the great work accomplished by His Son at Calvary. This can never change and we'll always be holy as God sees us in Christ. God has made the believer holy and it does not depend on the believer, but on the work of Christ.

But as has been mentioned, practical holiness depends partly on the believer. We have to stay away from sin and anything that grieves the Holy Spirit and is displeasing to the Lord. When we submit to the Lord and to His Word in obedience, then the Holy Spirit works in our lives to produce practical holiness, and we become more like our Lord Jesus. "be ye holy for I Am holy"

But practical holiness is not only being separate from sin and the world. It is also being consecrated to the Lord . This means that I should spend time in prayer and communion with the Lord. This coupled with the study of the scriptures will lead to practical holiness.

Hope this helps as well

navin sammy

Navin Sammy
 Post Reply Post Reply