KeralaBrethren.net
Brethren.in Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Brethren India Discussion Forums > General Forum
  Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The communication between God & Man is Prayer !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
aansjoseph View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote aansjoseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The communication between God & Man is Prayer !
    Posted: 05 October 2009 at 12:43pm
The communication between God & Man is Prayer! is it Correct ?

Can I say that conversation with God is Prayer if it is correct give the explanation wth scriptural supports.  If it is wrong pls give exact idea about prayer
sambudhanoor View Drop Down

Quote sambudhanoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2009 at 1:20pm

Dear aansjoseph

Prayer is the mode of communication with God  is correct.

Luk 11:2  So He said to them, "When you pray, say: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven.

Luk 11:3  Give us day by day our daily bread.

Luk 11:4  And forgive us our sins, For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us. And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one."

Mat 6:6  But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly.

2Co 13:7  Now I pray to God that you do no evil, not that we should appear approved, but that you should do what is honorable, though we may seem disqualified.

You may ask the question in one thread rather going to open new threads as the question and answers are limited.

Your response is awaited.

In Christ

SNG

sambudhanoor View Drop Down

Quote sambudhanoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2009 at 2:10pm

Dear aansjoseph

If you can join with this discussion by sharing your thoughts and asking question, we can learn more about prayer.

Some principles of the prayer  is as follows:

1.         We have to pray to God the Father in Christ Jesus name.

Luk 11:2  So He said to them, "When you pray, say: Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven.

Joh 14:13  And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

2.         Pray according to God’ Will.

1Jn 5:14  Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.

1Jn 5:15  And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.

3.   Pray in the Holy Spirit.

Jud 1:20  But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit,

Rom 8:26  Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Rom 8:27  Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

4.  Prayer is answered when we abide in God and the God’s Word, abide in us.

Joh 15:7  If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.

Col 3:16  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

In Christ

SNG

Post Reply Post Reply