Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

are we of the same mind?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
doghter_of_zion View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2006 at 9:53pm

Dear brethren,

my question which i asked brought me back to the reason why the thread was opened. Lemme give you a glimpse of what I learnt from different people

Some said that its ok to say in the assembly, as it is notifying everyone how Christ touched our lives and changed them.

Others said its ok to say in other assembly gathering not in the way of Sunday worship.

Others say, its ok to share if elders allowed.

Again there were some who said that we need to share testimony, when there is testimony sharing meeting,

Regarding the last, we have testimony sharing time, on the Sunday worship time, before sermon is delivered.

the one regarding non-Sunday assembling of beleivers, is same as the meaning of Church=body of believers, in any form, for whatever we do, we glorufy God!

So I'm still more confused now, what to, as to how to share my testimony, if its Scripturally not ok for women to speak in the Church.

Please I didn't write who said what, because, I didn't take their permission. Please forgive if it offends you. Sorry.

with love and regards in Christ Jesus,

Tinka

sunilajoseph View Drop Down

Quote sunilajoseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2006 at 10:10pm

tinka,

It is the time. You are saying your testimony not in the worship time, where men stand up and say something from the word of God. Women are not allowed to do that in the church where men are present. They speak in other meeting like sisters meeting, sunday school, outside tract giving etc. Not in the worship service. In your church it is set after woship service and before sermon. I hope it is cleared now. As we look the whole meeting on that day, it is the sunday meeting.

Sunila.

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2006 at 10:26pm

Dear sis Sunila,

thank you for answering, but would it be ok if I dont have to share it with the elders of the assembly? Do I not have to speak to the entire congregation, as I'm to join them in fellowship. To whom do I speak to- sisters ?

thanks for helping me.

God bless u

Tinka

drjcp View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote drjcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2006 at 10:59pm
Tinka,

it is your assembly and your elders who are going to decide, based upon the Bible, as to what you ought to do and what you ought not to do. It is better if you do not seek the opionions of people from a wider group of people.

but would it be ok if I dont have to share it with the elders of the assembly? Do I not have to speak to the entire congregation, as I'm to join them in fellowship. To whom do I speak to- sisters ?

It is not us outsiders to your assembly who should be giving you directions. When you have such a good mentor, you should ask him and the oversight in yoru assembly.

We can talk about principles, but not about the implementation in the local church. Please ask them.

Johnson C. Philip
www.ApologeticsCourses.Com
www.BiblicalArcheology.net

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2006 at 11:41pm

Dear bro Johnson,

thanks for your advive and guidance.

I'll do so.

God bless ya all,

Tinka

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234