Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

are we of the same mind?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
doghter_of_zion View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: are we of the same mind?
    Posted: 07 June 2006 at 7:51pm
I find that among us there are difference in opinion regarding what the Scripture teaches. As far as I can recollect it is said i the Scriptures that we should worship God in the same mind and Spirit. Also as we worship God, we not only commune with HIM, but also with each other? Can we commune when there is differnce of opinion?

Shouldn't we sit together and clarify with each other and try to understand what the Bible teaches and follow that?

Some how I see among members of different assemblies in various parts of the country, we do not know the Scriptural truths. i think that there is much necessity of proper Bible Study specially with children, as we assume that we know, we may not know the truth that the Scripture teaches. e.g., I spoke with few peope in kerala brethren assemblies, hydrebad assembly and kolkata assembly who beleive in the existance of the gift of tongues, women should be allowed to pray aloud in the assembly and various other unscriptural teachings.

I request all the elders in the assemblies, to help the flock given to him to grow in the Lord, following the Scriptural truths.

God bless you all,

Tinka.

p.s.:sorry if i've offended anu of you.

George P. Koshy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote George P. Koshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 11:59pm

doghter_of_zion,

If we read the scriptures, we will find that many of the epistles were written to correct the errors that were brought in by certain Christians.  Some of them, even opposed Apostle Paul's authority as as apostle of Jesus Christ.

About having the same mind, we read that in Philippians 2.  There it is in connection with His emptying, even to the death of the cross.  When He emptied, He did not tolerated changing the scriptures or using the temple to make money and get rich practices of the religious leaders.  We should have the same mind in glorifying the Lord Jesus Christ who is exalted above all names.

Shalom malekim!!!
George P. Koshy

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 1:33am

Can you tell me if there is any unforgivable sin from God's point of view today. Since I'm still young and thus less in knowledge, I get very confused, when people from our assembly say dissimilar things, both trying to prove from he Scriptures that they are right?

Also can apostacy be forgiven by God?

thanks for answering so soon.

God bless you,

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote George P. Koshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 11:19pm

Dear 'doghter_of_zion,'

We read about a sin that will not be forgiven in Matthew 12:30-32. 

Shalom malekim!!!
George P. Koshy

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 9:25pm

Dear bro George P. Koshy,

the given verses speak of the unpardonable sin, it was the sin committed by the Jews in the time that Christ was on earth. It involves a wilful knowing rejection of the works of the Holy Spirit through Christ. It was committed by many at that time but whether or not this sin can be committed today is a subject of debate.

however apostacy, which is wilful rejection of Christ, if that sin can be forgiven or not is also thing which I cant understand still very clearly.

sunilajoseph View Drop Down

Quote sunilajoseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 9:05am

Tinka,

I think these verses may help.

Hebrews 12:15-17  and Hebrews 6:4-6

Sunila.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote George P. Koshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 10:54pm

Dear sister Tinka,

When we read John 3 the last two verses are very important.  They tell us that the wrath of God abides on those who reject the Son.  It does not say, 'the warth of God come upon them."  It says that the wrath of God abides on them.  All are under the wrath of God.  That means that it is on all and when one accepts Christ as his/her personal Savior, then he/she receives eternal life.  They are placed in the Light, "God is Light."  We are called the  "children of light."

The rejection of Christ does not change their status of being under the wrath of God.  The status of those who believe are changed from being under the wrath of God to be adopted into the family of the Father.

Apostasy is the abandonment of ones faith.  We read about some of those who became apostate in the New Testament.  Could you name a few, in your next posting? 

Edited by George P. Koshy
Shalom malekim!!!
George P. Koshy

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 11:51pm

Dear brother Koshy,

Well Heb 6 and 10 talks of apostacy as a hypothetical situation. It doesn't say that it happened among Hebrew Christians.

Should I say that Judas is an example of an apostate? I'm not too sure of it.

One thing I remember that we read in the Bible that we are saved by grace through faith. So if we reject faith, then we cant be saved.

What I think is that it is unbeleivers who commits apostacy and that they can't be saved, as they have the full knowledge of the work of Christ, yet dispise Him.

I'll write in details what I understood yesterday as I was discussing it with my mentor yesterday(though I vary from my mentor's view).

well it'll be a great help if you'd tell me what you think.

Your postings help me a lot in my spiritual growth, thanks

God bless u,

urs in HIM,

Tinka

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 2:01am

bro Koshy & Miller,

check out the posting I made in keralabrethren.net related to cessation of gift of tongues. See what sister Sunila has written and adviced. She thinks that baptism of the Holy Spirit, is to be prayed and asked for.

But it is received by us at the time of our salvation. isn't it?

I can't understand if i can ever make her understand!

i dunno what to tell to her!

thanks for your help, guidance and encouragement.

John Miller View Drop Down

Quote John Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 3:59am
Dear sister, Daughter of Zion,

To get involved in an argument or even a lengthy discussion, with Sunila Joseph about this subject will neither afford you nor our sister Sunila any help. She is adamant that there is some further "experience" to be had in a christian's life at some stage, subsequent to receiving the Holy Spirit after one receives Christ by faith. This experience, she believes, is an aditional manifestation of the Holy Spirit in the form of being supernaturally baptised by Him. The fact that it is not substantiated in the Word of God, does not concern her. She has "experienced" it, so it must be so.

In quite a number of different discussions this has been pointed out to her, but she does not give any validity to the teaching brought to her attention. It is better, therefore, to leave the matter with the Lord, praying that her she may be brought, by His grace, to a clearer understanding of the truth. At the moment she is like the man in the gospel who saw "men as trees walking".

Your brother in Christ,

John

John Miller
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>