Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

are we of the same mind?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
doghter_of_zion View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 8:25pm

Dear brotyhers and sisters in our Lord,

Please I hope someone will tell me the answer to my question, which I repeat again "when I'm to share my testimony in the assembly, wouldn't it be against the Scriptural teaching prohibiting women to speak in the church?"

I can't share my testimony with a guilty conscience. If its not Scriptural, what alternative is there? Do you think giving written/printout to the elder i the assembly, can be a way, or is it ok to share my testimony after the worship service, or in Bible Study, but anyways, church/assembly is a body of beleivers, so...

Please help me out.

thanks for being there.

God bless you,

Tinka

sambudhanoor View Drop Down

Quote sambudhanoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 12:00am

Dear Sister Tinka

My understanding and I see in different assemblies that when a female need to obey the Lord in water baptism, they will inform to the elders of the assembly, or inform through their parents/husband, their willingness, in turn they allow her to testify in front of the congregation.

In this case the assembly is permitting them to testify, that she is a person born again and willing to obey the Lord in water baptism.

In your case you can take the advise of your mentor as well as approach the eleders of your assembly, they will give you proper guidance.

God Bless You

Edited by sambudhanoor
sunilajoseph View Drop Down

Quote sunilajoseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 8:24am

drjcp,

I am responding you again. May be accidently somebody deleted the first one. Your question was are we of the same mind. My answer is yes, we are of the same mind.  I am talking about what is going on in Kerala bretheren and pentacostal assemblies. Somebody who doesn't know what is actually going on there and who is an outsider thinks something different.  That is all.

I have a personal question for you. Are you a member of Kallamasserry brethren assembly?

Sunila.

Sunila.
drjcp View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote drjcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 5:19pm
Thank you very much Sunila !

This time you have worded your statement in a manner acceptable in a public forum. Name-calling is not to be practiced on this moderated froum, because our purpose is to thrash out IDEAS and not people -- unless they be heretics. Pleae tone down your attacks, and do respond to the issues on hand.

An outsider -- assuming someone is an outsider -- has very much the right to propose, argue for, and defend his ideas. His person or standing is not to be attacked based upon real or perceived problems.

About the personal question to me: yes, I am very much a member of the Kalamasseri assembly.  The doctrinal classes that offer there every sunday evening will be available for download in MP3 format from this week from by website [www.BrethrenAssembly.Com]

Johnson C. Philip
www.ApologeticsCourses.Com
www.BiblicalArcheology.net

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 12:06am

Dear bro Johnson,

thank you for answering my question. So should I beleive that it is ok to share my testimony during the Sunday worship service. My mentor, Paul Verghese, said that we need to share our testimony, after the some brother reads out the notice and matters for prayer, ie., before the sermon is delivered, as it is notifying people of our new birth and our willingness to have fellowship with the congregation. All this is ok, but the question that rose in my mind, was when the Scripture teaches, that women should not speak in the Church, would it be ok to share my testimony?

I hope the Lord'll help me to find a Scripture based answer to this, so that I don't have to have a guilty conscience, while sharing my testimony.

I think bro Paul has spoken to the elder.

Please pray for me,

urs sister in Christ,

Tinka

George P. Koshy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote George P. Koshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 12:42am

Dear brother Johnson C. Philip,

Please convey my regards to V.A. Baby and Joy Samuel.

Edited by George P. Koshy
Shalom malekim!!!
George P. Koshy
drjcp View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote drjcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 12:57am
Dear Sister Tinka

I have not tried to answer your question. So do not come to any conclusion based upon my comments, which were related to other topics. I think Dr. George Koshy was trying to answer your question, and I will leave it to him.

Dear Dr. George P Koshy,

it is a small world indeed !! I will convey your greetings to both of these brethren -- and will they be surprised. In fact Babychayan and I sit shoulder-to-shoulder there !! Both these men have been a great encouragment to me.

Johnson C. Philip

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 1:05am

Dear bro Johnson,

I'm also eager to learn from you, as to what you think of it. You may not be knowing but I was immensely blessd as I benifited much fom your writings. I thank God for your ministries.

My love and regards to you,

your sis in HIM,

Tinka

sunilajoseph View Drop Down

Quote sunilajoseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 9:02am

drjcp,

Say Hi to Joy Samuel and his wife. My grandma is there.

When i was there, you were not there. I was there 26 yrs ago. 

My language is understandable. But the second posting make doubts in  readers mind.

Quote:An outsider -- assuming someone is an outsider -- has very much the right to propose, argue for, and defend his ideas. His person or standing is not to be attacked based upon real or perceived problems.

We are not attacking his standing. Just watching what tools he uses to defend his ideas.

Sunila.
drjcp View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote drjcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 2:53pm
We are not attacking his standing. Just watching what tools he uses to

There is NO problem as long as it is only a 'watching'. As soon as, however, an attack against a person is placed verbally on the forum, it does sound inappropriate -- and is inappropriate.

Ok, I will convey my greetings to Joychayan. Yes, your grandma is here and I did meet her on Saturday.

Coming back to more serious things: you have left many questions unanswered. What about answering some of them.

Johnson C. Philip
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>