Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

some questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
doghter_of_zion View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2008 at 5:16pm

Dear bro Sam, brethren,…

It’s a beautiful insight that you have presented, with acknowledgement of the writer whom you have quoted, and most of all, thanks to God!

Well its really amazing, to think of this verse in this light. Indeed so often we think so negatively… but I believe to get these rewards, mostly come as we abide in the Lord…in tune with Him.

Its really a blessing to read this verse. But brother, still in my mind the question remains, as to why the leaf and fruit are in singular tense, cause, we are not to produce only one fruit…and our good deeds, should not be restricted to one…isn’t it?

However, can you expose on this:

In Rev 2:7…it says: “To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.”

And more:

Vs 10:

be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Why is it said so…are all believers faithful to the end…many do back-slide…don’t they…does it mean that all believers will be firm in faith, atleast before reaching death bed…?

Sincerely in Christ,

Tinka

Maranatha!!!
sambudhanoor View Drop Down

Quote sambudhanoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2008 at 10:32am

Dear Sis. Tinka

Revelation chapter 2 is addressed to Church of Ephesus, it is considered that it is the Church existed after Apostolic Era, even though it is applicable to all Church Period also.

Rev 2:7  "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes I will give to eat from the tree of life, which is in the midst of the Paradise of God." '

The word “Overcomers” has different views.

Believers in Christ are overcomers in General and when we die we will reach the paradise also:

1Jn 4:4  You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.

1Jn 5:4  For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith.

1Jn 5:5  Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

But it may be related to rewards also, the believers who triumphant over trials and tribulations and also worked for the Glory of God.

Rom 8:37  Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.

2Co 2:14  Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.

Rev 2:10  Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.

This portion also saying about rewards there are different types of Crowns as rewards.

Jas 1:12  Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.

Yours in Christ.

NB: If you can please start a new thread next time, “Some Question 2” as this is so lengthy.

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2008 at 2:54pm

Dear bro Sam,

I will start a new topic for the next thread on discussion, can we continue this one here, otherwise, it would be difficult for me to follow if in future I would think of looking back to your explanations.

Rev. 2:10,11 say, "Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you THE CROWN OF LIFE. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt at all by the second death."

If we read it through the negatives:

if we are NOT faithful to the point of death we will not get the crown of life AND we will also be hurt by the second death!

Also James 1:12: "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive THE CROWN OF LIFE that God has promised to those that love him."

Together if we see both of these verses together is a bit difficult for me to understand, as if crown of life were a reward only for those who endure to the end, then if a backslidden believers who die in their sin, who are not faithful… shall go to Hell. Isn’t it?

Is the crown of life a reward for faithful living of the believers? Only for some specific ones who have endured to the end? Or is it for all believers? Is so how?

I appreciate your patience in answering my questions.

Yours in Christ,

Tinka

Maranatha!!!
sambudhanoor View Drop Down

Quote sambudhanoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2008 at 6:38pm

Dear Sis. Tinka,

Rev 2:10  Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life.

Rev 2:11  "He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes shall not be hurt by the second death." '

This portion need to be understood very carefully, what you posted is not correct.

NO BELIEVER IN CHIRST WILL GO TO HELL, but a believer can loose his reward like Crown of life or any other rewards if the person is not faithful/cannot endure trials or backslidden etc.

“Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life”

“He who overcome shall not be hurt by the second death”

Here persecution/tribulation is there it can go up to death, as martyrdom, even if one become martyrdom (physical death) by a believer in Christ, the person will not hurt by the second death.

Second death means eternal separation from God and going to lake of fire, it is for the unbelievers.

Rev 20:14  Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Rev 20:15  And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Second death has no power over the believers in Christ and they do not have any judgement or condemnation.

Rev 20:6  Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.

Rom 8:1  There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Joh 3:18  "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Joh 5:24  "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

Yours in Christ.

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2008 at 2:09pm
Dear bro Sam,brethren
am I right if I conclude that though none of the believers will loose their salvation, but the crown of life is only for those who will be faithful to the end?
yours in Christ,
Tinka
p.s. I'll post the next question in the new topic, which is a continuation of this topic
Maranatha!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151617