Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

some questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
doghter_of_zion View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: some questions
    Posted: 03 July 2006 at 10:56pm
this thread is not one particular topic, but anybody can ask any question regarding Scriptures, and anybody who knows the answer can answer it. Thanks.

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2006 at 10:59pm

Dear beloved brethrens,

Will someone help me understand what is exactly meant by back-sliding? When does one back-slide? What causes back-sliding? How do we deal with those who back-sliders?

thanks for your help and guidance.

In Christian love,

Tinka

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 July 2006 at 9:10pm

question 2

• Will someone explain this portion, which I read in Free Apologetic Course material of Indus School- Will of God:

“Furthermore, it is in connection with God’s preceptive will that we understand that the Lord is “longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance” (II Peter 3:9). Actually, God’s desire (will) for the salvation of all men is reflected many places in His word (cf. I Timothy 2:4; Luke 7:30; Matthew 23:37), but such must be kept distinct from God’s decretive will. A failure to make such a distinction will cause one to land squarely within the Calvinist camp.”

sunilajoseph View Drop Down

Quote sunilajoseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2006 at 10:04pm

Tinka,

God wants everybody to be saved. (receive salvation). That is HIS WILL. But Satan is at work. He won't let it happen. God was willing to take us many times. (matthew 23:37). But satan will not let it happen. God won't wait any longer. He will come and tie satan and throw him into hell. Those who followed satan in this world will follow him to eternal death. 

Sunila.

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2006 at 8:43pm

Dear sis Sunila,

thanks a lot for your help. I really appreciate it.

God bless you,

urs in Christ,

Tinka

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2006 at 12:22am

Dear brothers and sisters,

I'm having problem inunderstanding a portion of the Scripture. Please will you help me to understand.

KJV:

John 20:17-Jesus said unto her, "Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father..."

NKJV helpfully translated this as -Jesus said to her, "do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father;..."

approx 1 wek later,

John 20:27 tells us- then saith He to Thomas, "Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands..."

Does this mean that in the meantime, between meeting Mary, and Thomas, that the Lord had ascended into Heaven?

But Mark 16:19-20- tells of His ascention(NKJV):

"So then after... He was received up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God"

Luke 24:50-51 says(NKJV): "while He blessed them,that He was parted from them and carried up into heaven..."

These verses tells us that His ascention was after He gave His disciples the Great Commission, after the event of His meeting Mary, two disciples on the Road to Emmaus, and ultimately to His disciples.

So my question is that was He ascended before once(after meeting Mary and before meeting His disciples) and the next time in presence of His disciples, or did He ascend only one as narrated in Luke 24:50-51.

Please help me in understanding this.

thanks a lot for everything.

God bless you,

with Christian love,

Tinka

George P. Koshy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote George P. Koshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2006 at 11:29pm

Dear Tinka,

Please allow me to explain your inquiry from John 20:17 & 27.

“Jesus says to her, Touch me not, for I have not yet ascended to my Father; …”(John 20:17)

“Then he says to Thomas, Bring thy finger here and see my hands; and bring thy hand and put it into my side; and be not unbelieving, but believing.” (John 20:27)

From John 20:14-15 we learn that Mary “turned backward.”  As we read this portion, we should consider this expression.  It has its own significance.  By ‘turning backward’ Mary supposed what Jesus was not, a Gardner.  When she ‘turned around’ (John 20:16) and faced Him, she recognized Him as He was and called Him in Hebrew, “Rabboni,” Teacher.  In Modern Hebrew language, Rabbi.  In this connection, let me ask the question: Why did the Lord Jesus Christ appear to a woman for the first time after His resurrection?  My answer is as follows:  In 1 Timothy 2:14 we read, “The woman being deceived, was in transgression.”  For this reason, a woman is the first witness of His resurrection.  The woman retrieves by her faith in the resurrection of the Savior from among the dead the fall caused by her disobedience.

Mary was ready to throw herself at the feet of the Lord.  He told her “touch me not.”  In contrast, in Luke 8:46 we read no such words from the Lord’s lips to the woman who touched Him.  The reason to the command, “Touch me not,” was “I have not yet ascended to my Father.”  “I am not ascended,” indicates that He was never departed.  She touched Him not while He was on this earth, after His resurrection.  In Luke 8:46 He allowed those who will be healed to touch Him.  One of the thought that we could get from these two scriptures is that those who are to be made whole are to touch Him to be healed by His death.  In John 20:27, Thomas was an unbeliever of His resurrection.  As an unbeliever, Thomas was asked to touch Him to become a believer.  But, Thomas became a believer before he touched Him, and we don’t read that Thomas touched the Lord Jesus Christ, as he was asked to do.  A believer is not to touch the Lord, as the Lord being a mere man.  We are to touch the Lord as the ascended One to the Father’s presence.  Mary was asked to do that, as she was a believer at the time of John 20:17.  We know that at the gates of Damascus, Saul the Pharisee saw the risen Lord.  Like Mary, he believed on Him as his Lord and God.  Saul did not touch the Lord, only heard Him.  Another parallel experience which is similar to that of Mary.

In Colossians 3:1-2 we read, “If therefore ye have been raised with the Christ, seek the things which are above, where Christ is sitting at the right hand of God: have your mind on the things that are above, not on the things that are on the earth.”  Not to touch Christ unless He has ascended to the Father implies not to have thoughts of Christ after the fleshly manner.  From Ephesians and Revelation we understand that the Assembly is the Bride of Christ.  She, the Assembly, should not know Christ as the one on this earth, but she should know Him as the ascended and glorified Man.  The Assembly should know and accept Him as her glorified Head in heaven and she as the body that is joined to the Head in heaven (1 Corinthians 11:1-16).

“Ascended to the Father” is an action of inner man, the soul.  In Hebrews 10:19 we read, “Having therefore, brethren, boldness for entering into the holy of holies by the blood of Jesus.”  This boldness is given only to those who are believers as our Lord ascended to the Father.  We read this in Hebrews.  On the other hand, “Touch me” is an action of the outer man, the body.  We are not to touch Him according to our human instincts, but as guided by the Spirit, in spirit and truth.  Remember that our double death, of soul and spirit, was taken away by His single death.  We should also remember that our double resurrection was made possible by His single resurrection.  Our body still dies and will be resurrected at His call.  This we read in 1 Corinthians 15 and 1 Thessalonians 4.  The Assembly, the Bride of Christ (represented by Mary) is to “Touch” the Lord in spirit and truth by those who are raised with Him (Romans 6:1-14).  The Assembly, the bride of Christ (represented by Mary) is not to touch the risen Lord according to the body that is still destined to die.  In 1 Corinthians 15 and 1 Thessalonians 4, we read that our bodies will rise from the dead at His call and will rise to meet Him in the air.  Therefore, Mary was told ‘Touch me not, for I have not ascended to my Father.”

In addition to what I already wrote, the command and its explanation, “‘Touch me not, for I have not ascended to my Father,” tell us:

1. It has a spiritual meaning that He and the Father are one.
  2. Mary represented the Assembly from the nations, Gentiles, who believed after His resurrection.
  3. Believe not on the Lord Jesus Christ according to our human notions.
  4. Do not extend our thoughts outward to understand who “I AM.”

In closing, please allow me to add a few more thoughts.  We should read Mark 15:21; Luke 23:42, 52; 24:13-35; John 19:39; 20:3-4, 11, 24-25.  There are a series of observations, if we are like:

1. Simon of Cyrene – Took up the cross and followed Him.
  2. The Malefactor – Crucified with Him like a robber.  Acknowledged Him as God who died, as he should.
  3. Joseph of Arimathea --  He begged for His body from who gave the orders to crucify Him.
  4. Nicodemus – He, who came to the Lord in night, buried Him with spices before the end of the day.
  5. Mary, Mary, Salome, & Joanna – Went to the tomb early in the morning.  Wept at the tomb, early in the morning.  (Perhaps, men may see an angel or even the Lord Himself.  If He says, “Touch me not,” stand afar, reverence the Word, but grieve not.).  It was Mary, a woman - ISHAH who was taken from ISH – who was first deceived was the one who saw Him first after the resurrection and she made Him known to the male disciples, “The Lord is risen.”
  6. Peter & John – Don’t stop at the tomb, but go in.
  7. The two disciples on a journey to Emmaus – On the first day of the week you are away from other disciples, the Lord wants you to be back in a hurry.
  8. Thomas – Not to be left out of the disciples, attending your own things, when Christ is present.

In summary, we are to ascend with Christ to the heaven, to the Father’s presence, to see Him as the glorified one to touch Him.

About the next question, regarding the time of His ascension, I wrote in my postings on the Christophanies.  The Word of God tells that He ascended from the Mount Olive as we read in Acts 1.  Unfortunately, there are many who believe that there was another ascension, of which we read nothing in the scriptures.  It is an interpretation.  As an interpretation without a direct scriptural support, I ignore it and stay with what is written.  I don’t argue on this with those who hold such an explanation.

Shalom malekim!!!
George P. Koshy

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2006 at 8:23pm

Dear bro George,

thanks so much for answering my question n clearing my doubt.

I really loved your posting esp. last portion, it really threw light from a very different angle which I never thought of. Indeed thanks so much.

I praise God for your ministry.

God bless u,

with Christian love,

Tinka

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2006 at 11:42pm

Dear brethren in the Lord,

will you explain to me what exactly in Calvinism n Armenianism n whats the difference between the two?

thanks for everything,

God bless u,

with Christian love,

Tinka

George P. Koshy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote George P. Koshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2006 at 12:08am

Dear Tinka,

Please read my postings on the 'Great Salvation,' especially on 'Atonement.'  In that, I have summarised this difference.  If I didn't, please let me know.

Shalom malekim!!!
George P. Koshy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>