Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

some questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
doghter_of_zion View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2007 at 12:31am
Dear brethren,
Greetings! Hope you all are well in the centre of God's will.
The Lord Jesus intercedes for us. The Holy Spirit also intercedes for us.
Is there any difference in these?

in Christian love and prayers,
Tinka
Maranatha!!!
sambudhanoor View Drop Down

Quote sambudhanoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2007 at 6:48pm

Dear Sister Tinka

Loving greetings to you in the Precious Name of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ intercession is mainly as High Priest.

He redeems us, who are under the law and made us Children of God.

Gal 4:4  But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law,

Gal 4:5  to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons.

Heb 10:11  And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.

Heb 10:12  But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God,

He is interceding us as an Advocate with the Father.

1Jn 2:1  My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.

Even though we are redeemed Children of God we are living in this fallen nature of body, our redemption should be completed at rapture. Thus our worship or prayers are not perfect but our Advocate Jesus Christ presents it to the Father as complete and he represents us in the presence of God.

Heb 9:24  For Christ has not entered the holy places made with hands, which are copies of the true, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us;

Rom 8:34  Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.

Contd..

Quote sambudhanoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2007 at 6:50pm

Holy Spirit is our Comforter, he guide us in our Christian life.

Joh 16:13  However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.

Holy Spirit intercession is seen in prayers.

Rom 8:26  Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Holy spirit intercession is helping us to pray it is not like the intercession of Jesus Christ who is interceding between Man and God.

1Ti 2:5  For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus,

Yours in Christ.

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2007 at 9:59pm

Dear bro Samkutty N. George,

Greetings! So nice of you to help me understand this. You know, I did not realize how much you had helped me to understand, esp. the one names of God, until yesterday. It really encourages, us to remember that the Lord will help us under various circumstances, and in prayers also. Like when someone is sick, and when we are praying, or exhorting, when we remember that God will heal Him as He is Jehovah-Rapha. Its very encouraging.

Today only I was thinking of you, and Im happy to see your post.

God bless you.

Yours in Christ Jesus,

Tinka

Maranatha!!!

Quote sambudhanoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2007 at 10:31pm

Dear Sister Tinka

There are some more additions to the Names of God which will be posted later on.

Thank you for your encouraging words, God Bless you.

Your questions are allowing me to look into the scripture and find the answers which is edifying to me and it is happy to see that it is profiting to you also.

Yours in Christ

Samkutty N. George.

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2007 at 1:34pm

Dear brethren,

I did not know, if it was ok to ask the question here, or should I start a new thread, anyhow, I thought I’ll first post the question, then if required, we can continue the discussion in another thread.

In the past few days, I had been studying the book of Ezekiel and I’ve been tremendously blessed by the study. It’s a wonderful book. Though I don’t understand certain parts of it, but it’s a beautiful book.

But I have a bit of difficulty in understanding one particular portion:

15 Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces. 16 The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel. 17 When they went, they went upon their four sides: and they turned not when they went. 18 As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings were full of eyes round about them four. 19 And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up. 20 Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither was their spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels. 21 When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.

I can’t understand the matter relating to the wheels and the ‘ring’ in vs. 18. What is the ring? Are these of the wheel? What kind of wheel is it? I understand the Scripture says that the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheel… but does it mean that it’s actually outside the body of these cherubs?

I would be grateful if you would contribute as to what you understood from this passage.

Sincerely in Christ,

Tinka

Maranatha!!!

Quote sambudhanoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2007 at 11:02am

Dear Sis. Tanka

As I am not familiar with this portion, I am posting the comments from JFB:

Comments of JFB:

Eze 1:18 - rings--that is, felloes or circumferences of the wheels.

eyes--The multiplicity of eyes here in the wheels, and Eze_10:12, in the cherubim themselves, symbolizes the plenitude of intelligent life, the eye being the window through which "the spirit of the living creatures" in the wheels (Eze_1:20) looks forth (compare Zec_4:10). As the wheels signify the providence of God, so the eyes imply that He sees all the circumstances of each case, and does nothing by blind impulse."

Yours in Chirst.

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2007 at 2:28pm
Dear bro Samkutty,
thanks for the answer, but it wasn't totally clear to me.
I hope to understand it in a better way, and I'm sure the Lord'll help me.
thanks for everything.
with Christian love,
Tinka
Maranatha!!!

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2008 at 5:32pm
Dear brethren,
can you explain why in Psalm 1 vs 3:

He shall be like a tree

Planted by the rivers of water,

That brings forth its fruit in its season,

Whose leaf also shall not wither;

And whatever he does shall prosper.

---
See there are 3 plurals in this verse: rivers, brings, does
However there are 2 singular: leaf and fruit
Why are these in singular? Beleivers are to bear fruits in the Lord. Also, we never say the leaf of a tree shall never decay (in our day to day language)...we always say...leaves. Isn't it?
So why are they used in singular form? Does the writter of the Psalm try to convey something?
I hope to hear from you,
yours in the Lord,
Tinka
Maranatha!!!

Quote sambudhanoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2008 at 7:21pm

Dear Sis. Tinka

I do not have direct answer to the question why it is singular and plural but I am posting an explanation by others on Psalms 1:3

Psa 1:3  He shall be like a tree Planted by the rivers of water, That brings forth its fruit in its season, Whose leaf also shall not wither; And whatever he does shall prosper.

Quote of others:

And he shall be like a tree planted; not a wild tree, but “a tree planted,” chosen, considered as property, cultivated and secured from the last terrible uprooting, for “every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up:” Mat_15:13.

By the rivers of water; so that even if one river should fail, he hath another. The rivers of pardon and the rivers of grace, the rivers of the promise and the rivers of the communion with Christ, are never-failing sources of supply. He is “like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; not unseasonable graces, like untimely figs, which are never full-flavoured. But the man who delights in God's Word, being taught by it, bringeth forth patience in the time of suffering, faith in the day of trial, and holy joy in the hour of prosperity. Fruitfulness is an essential quality of: a gracious man, and that fruitfulness should be seasonable.

His leaf also shall not wither; his faintest word shall be everlasting; his little deeds of love shall be had in remembrance. Not simply shall his fruit be preserved, but his leaf also. He shall neither lose his beauty nor his fruitfulness.

And whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. Blessed is the man who hath such a promise as this. But we must not always estimate the fulfilment of a promise by our own eye-sight. How often, my brethren, if we judge by feeble sense, may we come to the mournful conclusion of Jacob, “All these things are against me!” For though we know our interest in the promise, yet are we so tried and troubled, that sight sees the very reverse of what that promise foretells. But to the eye of faith this word is sure, and by it we perceive that our works are prospered, even when everything seems to go against us. It is not outward prosperity which the Christian most desires and values; it is soul prosperity which he longs for.

We often, like Jehoshaphat, make ships to go to Tarshish for gold, but they are broken at Ezion-geber; but even here there is a true prospering, for it is often for the soul's health that we should be poor, bereaved, and persecuted. Our worst things are often our best things. As there is a curse wrapped up in the wicked man's mercies, so there is a blessing concealed in the righteous man's crosses, losses, and sorrows. The trials of the saint are a divine husbandry, by which he grows and brings forth abundant fruit.

Yours in Christ.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>