Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

some questions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
doghter_of_zion View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2006 at 8:59pm

Dear brethren,

Those of you have known me, or know a little of how I came to the Lord, you’d know that it was the very word of God that helped me to know the Saviour.

I read the New Testament, and by the grace of Lord (now that I know by the ministry of the Holy Spirit) I had realised that I was an awful sinner and how Lord Jesus had taken my sin upon Himself and died on my stead on the Cross of Calvary. It was the very word of God that when first time I read knew it to be 100% true. That’s why I accepted Him as my Saviour.

Had I read only a part of it, and left, or read only certain chapters, I don’t think I would’ve come to know the Lord, so intimately.

The word of God is for us, believers, and I don’t think that any part of it is unimportant, or any part that God wouldn’t like us to read, otherwise it wouldn’t have been inspired.

Well I really appreciate and thank God all your loving prayers and concern for me.

Sometimes I feel hopeless, when I pray for me family, as I really wonder if they were chosen, yet I continue to pray for them, that if they are chosen, that they should be come to the saving knowledge of our Saviour.

I really sometimes wonder when I look around, how many God chose, and really feel pity for them as they aren’t able to perceive the truth when preached to them. I really don’t know what to feel for them.

However our God is a Sovereign God and He has right to chose whom He thinks wants. Others are just miserable in their sinful state.

You know the question I had previously asked bout apostasy, was because only few days back, my friend had become an apostate. She was from a “nominal” Christian background. Her family never attended much of Church(Anglican). I had shared the gospel, and so had my mentor. I gave her quite a few books to read, but she ended up being an apostate. I wonder now, if she was not chosen.

Sincerely in Christ,

Tinka

sunilajoseph View Drop Down

Quote sunilajoseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2006 at 10:25pm

Dear John Miller,

Why are you shouting at me? I told her most of her questions are answered in those books (Romans-Jude). If she do not know about Jesus Christ she must start reading gospels.  If she want to know about prophesy, she has to read those book.  She has some questions and you need to give few answers to satisfy her. All the answers must be from the bible also. Why cannot she take time in quiteness and read each book one by one. She must concentrate on one subject at a time. She is running from the subject "holy spirit" to "cults". Why can't you give some wise answers to her question. (I know this attitude is not this net's focus.) 

Sunila.
John Miller View Drop Down

Quote John Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2006 at 11:02pm
Dear Tinka,

The Word of God is His infinitely great and inexhaustible treasury into which undeserving sinners like you and me can delve and explore for our salvation and blessing. You have proved this personally. Hold on to that wonderful fact! God moves in mysterious ways that are beyond our understanding. Never assume that He has not marked out your loved ones for blessing. Pray constantly and unceasingly to this end. Be like the widow who would not give the unjust judge rest until he granted her request. This is our Lord's advice not mine. God will answer your prayers, I am sure. The blessing that you have experienced through the redeeming work of Jesus at the cross, His burial and resurrection, is available for every member of your family, and in faith you must believe that God will bless them in His own time.

Your brother in Christ,

John

Edited by John Miller
John Miller
George P. Koshy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote George P. Koshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2006 at 11:10pm

S,

Brother John Miller did not shout at you.  Please keep Christian civility in your postings.

Tinka, a.k.a. daughter-of-zion, is not "running from the subject 'holy spirit' to 'cults,'" as you stated to brother John.  It was she who started this thread and is titled "Some Questions."  This thread is not titled "Holy Spirit," for you to say that she is "running from the subject 'holy spirit' to 'cult.'"  Actually, I think you are the one who was shouting at Tinka.  You are mistaken about our sister Tinka for whom the Lord Jesus Christ shed His blood.  You owe her an apology. 

(NOte: 'S' stands for 'Sunilajoseph.')

Edited by George P. Koshy
Shalom malekim!!!
George P. Koshy

Quote sunilajoseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2006 at 9:57pm

John Miller,

I don't want a dialogue with you . I know what GPK and you meant. It is just few words of abuse that you two always do. Godd luck with salvation.

Sunila.

Quote John Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2006 at 11:11pm

Edited by John Miller
John Miller
George P. Koshy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote George P. Koshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2006 at 4:13am

Thank you brother John.

On the expression of "Good luck with salvation" by 'S':

Some people think that salvation is by chance and it is probabilistic in nature.  The Word of God, especially in the Epistle to Ephesians, teaches us that it is according to the "eternal counsel" of God.  The eternal counsel of God is not by chance to say, "Good luck with salvation." 

Any one who refutes God and makes the salvation extended in grace to the underserving sinners as by chance are speaking against the Holy Spirit.  This is a sin against the Holy Spirit.

(Note: 'S' stands for 'Sunilajoseph.')

Shalom malekim!!!
George P. Koshy
doghter_of_zion View Drop Down

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2006 at 9:34pm

Dear brethren,

Thanks for all your love for which I’m absolutely not worthy.

Indeed you all want to help me. I was not definitely offended by sis Sunila’s comment. She definitely does not need to apologise to me. I love her in the Lord, as my savior died for her.

I would like to ask a question based on your previous writings.

As bro John, you had said that we should be like the widow…tell me, can our prayer, actually change God’s plan. Let me expand on what my present question is.

As I had learnt that the salvation of the believers, Church of Christ, they were predestined in eternity past. So if today, if some I know, were not predestined, and everything has been planned by God, can our prayers change God’s plan, and include those who weren’t predestined?

I’m sorry if my questions are a bit disturbing.

Thanks for everything…

With love and prayers,

Tinka

Quote sunilajoseph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2006 at 11:02pm

John Miller,

Devil also used word of God to test Jesus temper.

Sunila.

Quote John Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2006 at 11:56pm
Dear Sunila Joseph,

I do not understand the point of your last statement. However it is incorrect, and you have no scriptural basis to make it. Satan's purpose in using God's Word in the temptations was not to test Jesus' temper. I must correct your error, but will refrain from commenting further on the matter since you do not wish to have a dialogue with me.

What I would suggest is that you should study the scriptures and seek understanding before you instruct others. Others have made a similar suggestion to you on several occasions.

Your brother in Christ,

John

Edited by John Miller
John Miller
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 17>