Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

cults

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
John Miller View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote John Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2006 at 10:33pm
Dear sister Tinka,

I trust that I am not intruding, as I note your last post was addressed to brother Philip, but if I may, I would suggest three simple tests to any teaching or teacher.

1. Is there any inference or suggestion that in order to have the fullest relationship and communion with God, that the work of Christ requires some addition or refinement?

2. Does a man infer in his doctrine or teaching that he or his close followers are necessary for those to whom he addresses himself to have a full relationship with God or the Lord Jesus Christ?

3. Does someone claim or presume to have some "revelation" from God which goes beyond the written Word of God, the Holy Scriptures?

If the answer to any of these questions is in the affirmative, or even if there is some doubt, have nothing to do with such teaching or its leaders. Whether it is a cult or a false religion is completely irrelevant. The distinction is of no consequence whatsoever. It is not even wise to enter into a debate or discussion with such persons. Tell them that you belong to the Lord Jesus Christ, and that he fills your heart and meets your need completely.

I am sure that brother J.C.Philip can add to this.

Your brother in Christ,

John

Edited by John Miller
John Miller
doghter_of_zion View Drop Down

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 1:10am

Dear bro John,

thanks for your reply. Indeed I see that the questions which you asked to be held up in testing of the false cults, teachings, they prove affirmative.

When I talk to these people of culty groups, they try to put up such a facade which they hate to come out of.

You know here when I look around me I truely remember what the Lord had said that the harvest is plenty but the labourers are so few.

There is dire need of these people to know the Lord, but someone of them just wont listen n come out of their false cult/religion.

But as my question was whats the difference between a (false)cult and false religion?

thanks for everything,

God bless u,

Tinka

drjcp View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote drjcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2006 at 4:10am
Dear Brother John

thank you very much for your posts. It is not an intrusion at all.

Johnson C. Philip
www.ApologeticsCourses.Com
www.BiblicalArcheology.net
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12