Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is Apostasy?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Jesus_boy View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote Jesus_boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is Apostasy?
    Posted: 28 July 2005 at 1:48am

Concerning Salvation there arises a lot of Doubts in the Minds of the youths.Many do Belive that Salvation cannot be lost and thats what the word of God says clearly in Romans 8:31-39,Heb 9:5 and so on .And I do belive so.But some spiritual books and commentaries says that salvation can be rejected by a beliver.And there is a sin called Apostasy which cannot be Forgiven as said in Heb 10:25-29;and Heb 6:4-6;Can any one please Explain about this in Light of the Word of God?

Edited by Jesus_boy
MARANATHA!!!
Blessing View Drop Down

Quote Blessing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 1:27am

APOSTASY , is  from the Greek word   "apostasia" , meaning   withdrawl   or   defection  .

Its the defiant falling away from Christianity by someone who had been a converted member of the faith.

Apostasy isn't a simple matter of sin by human weakness . But  its  deliberate . 

An  unrepentant  rejection  of  the  Truth   by  someone   who   became  fully   aware   of  it !!

Edited by Blessing
" Dont ever forget to share your time with JESUS ..... ,
Because HE never hesitated sharing   HIS life   for you " !!!
sambudhanoor View Drop Down

Quote sambudhanoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 2:26am

Dear Jesus Boy

Apostasy means falling away from faith or renouncing of faith.

Heb 6:4-6  For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Spirit,   and have tasted the good Word of God and the powers of the world to come,   and who have fallen away; it is impossible, I say, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify the Son of God afresh to themselves and put Him to an open shame.

This shows that how far a person can go as religiously, and fall away from this belief and perish forever. The Holy Spirit convinces concerning sin, righteousness and judgement, to human beings, by the word of God, (by preaching by printed materials etc.) thus the person will get enlightened (illuminated) and have some knowledge about this saving grace. Heavenly gift is the Holy Spirit, when hearing the Gospel he taste and become partaker of Holy Spirit, and fall away from this position and reject it. They are not at all the true believers, in such persons case it is impossible to renew them again to repentance.

Mat 13:19-22  When anyone hears the Word of the kingdom and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and catches away that which was sown in his heart. This is the seed sown by the wayside.   But that which was sown on the stony places is this: he who hears the Word and immediately receives it with joy.   But he has no root in himself, and is temporary. For when tribulation or persecution arises on account of the Word, he immediately stumbles.   And that sown into the thorns is this: he who hears the Word; and the anxiety of this world, and the deceit of riches, choke the Word, and he becomes unfruitful.

But a true believer  accept Jesus Christ as his personal Saviour by faith and become children of God, his/her salvation will never perish or turn away from his/her faith.

(Please see the subject security of salvation/saved ones in general forum).

Joh 10:27-29  My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.   And I give to them eternal life, and they shall never ever perish, and not anyone shall pluck them out of My hand.   My Father who gave them to me is greater than all, and no one is able to pluck them out of My Father's hand.

Quote sambudhanoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 August 2005 at 7:33am

Dear Jesus Boy

Heb 10:26-29  For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins,   but a certain fearful looking for judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.  He who despised Moses' Law died without mercy on the word of two or three witnesses.   Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy of punishment, the one who has trampled the Son of God, and who has counted the blood of the covenant with which he was sanctified an unholy thing, and has insulted the Spirit of grace?

Sin willfully means total rejection, apostasy, after received the knowledge of truth.

They receive the knowledge of truth, the Word of God, the Gospel and reject it.

They receive this knowledge in their head (brain) not accept it in heart.

They reject the Jesus Christ the only Saviour, the only way to the God the Father.

They insult, resist  the Holy Spirit, the only sanctifier.

They reject the word of God, Gospel, the only way of Salvation.

Great men like Mahatma Gandhi, Swami Vivekanandan and others are made good statement about our Lord Jesus Christ. Swami Vivekanadan said that if he was living in the time of Jesus Christ, he might have washed his feet by the blood of his heart.  These men were received the knowledge of truth, about Christ in their head and making these statements, but they never received him by faith in their heart.

The adversary is satan, for him there is a fiery indignation (Hell), one who reject the saving grace, the Gospel have the fiery indignation.

Whereas, the true believers are the people who accept Jesus Christ as his personal Saviour by faith in their heart, thus become the Children of God, their Salvation is eternal.

Joh 3:16  For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Joh 6:39  And this is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all which He has given Me I should lose nothing but should raise it up again at the last day.

Jesus_boy View Drop Down

Quote Jesus_boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 1:32am

Dear Uncle ,

Thanks for your reply and thanking you for clearing my doubts about Apostasy.But I have some more doubts regarding Heb 10:26-29.   

Heb 10:26-29  For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins,   but a certain fearful looking for judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.  He who despised Moses' Law died without mercy on the word of two or three witnesses.   Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy of punishment, the one who has trampled the Son of God, and who has counted the blood of the covenant with which he was sanctified an unholy thing, and has insulted the Spirit of grace?

Now here in Hebrews verses 19 to 25 were speaking about "A call to Perserve" and writer was including himself in these verses as we can see in the usage of 'Let us', and 'We' a Lot from 19 to 25 and then comes verse 26 beginning with "For If We" and that includes the Brothers in Christ and the Writer who are Born Again.

And My Second point is that in Verse 26.,the Knowledge of Truth  is Salvation itself as seen in 1 Timothy 2:4.

I Timothy 2 :4."Who wants all men to be Saved and to come to the Knowledge of Truth. "

Read the above verses(I Timothy 2 :1-3) to get a better Idea of this verse.So isn't  the Knowledge of Truth Recived after we have born again? So only a saved Person can know the Knowledge of Truth as seen in the verse.

Edited by Jesus_boy
MARANATHA!!!

Quote sambudhanoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 11:35pm

Dear Jesus Boy

Heb 10: 19-25 is a separate section and 26-29 is separate section, this what I believe.

We see Heb 10: 26 Starts with "For if We" that means

Mat 7:22-23  Many will say to Me in that day, Lord! Lord! Did we not prophesy in Your name, and through Your name throw out demons, and through Your name do many wonderful works?   And then I will say to them I never knew you! Depart from Me, those working lawlessness!

There are lot of people amongst the believers, there are fake ones and true believers, it may difficult to distinguish, but our Lord will separate them. Like the fake currency notes amongst the original one.

When we can understand one is a fake, when he makes the apostasy, reject the faith.

There are lot of examples in our assemblies, some will come and have fellowship, they act as genuine ones, but certain time they reject it and turn back.

As we are going to share the Gospel, some persons agree whatever we say, even they confess with their mouth and come and have fellowship with us, and after sometime they turn back and go to their old way of life, this is apostasy, in such persons case, there is no more sacrifice for sin, they are the fake ones.

Contd………2

Quote sambudhanoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 11:39pm

For some persons case they will not makes any apostasy, they stay amongst us, we cannot identify them, but our Lord will separate them in his times.

Mat 13:24-30  He put out another parable to them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field.   But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed darnel among the wheat and went his way.   But when the blade had sprung up and had produced fruit, then the darnel also appeared.   So the servants of the householder came and said to him, Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? Then where have the darnel come from?   He said to them, An enemy has done this. The servants said to him, Then do you want us to go and gather them up?   But he said, No, lest while you gather up the darnel you also root up the wheat with them.   Let both grow together until the harvest. And in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, First gather together the darnel and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my granary.

When we come to 1 Timothy 2:1-4,  "be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth."

Here the person be saved thus come to the knowledge of truth,( here  the salvation is happened because he accept it in his heart), whereas in John  10: 26 after received the knowledge of truth, "willfully sin" = apostasy (here salvation is not happened because he accept it as knowledge in his head), that is why he/she is making the apostasy. Gospel is the knowledge of truth, whoever hear the gospel need to be accepted in his heart.

Who can do the following.

1.      the one who has trampled the Son of God

2.      who has counted the blood of the covenant with which he was sanctified an unholy

thing,

3.      has insulted the Spirit of grace?

Of course this can do by an unbeliever or a fake believer.

True believer cannot do this because he/she has been sealed by the Holy Spirit, and guided by the Holy spirit, his/her salvation is secured in Heavenly Father's hand.

I request you to please printed-out the points with references of subject Security of Salvation in General Forum and prayerfully meditate the reference from the Bible, the Holy Spirit will reveal you so many things, remove all your doubts and give you the Assurance of Salvation and Iternal Security of Salvation.

God Bless you.

doghter_of_zion View Drop Down

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2006 at 8:16pm

Dear uncle sambudhanoor,

i quoted what you had said.

first let me tell you that i'm much less than you in knowledge, age, everything. so i may be wrong. if so plz forgive me.

Our wonderful Lord had died for our sins, when we were all against Him. His death were after which of our sins?..All. He died before we were born, so for all our future sins. He died for all sins past, present and future. Apostasy can not be forgiven, tue enough, as that person has deliberately rejected God's grace, so can't enjoy the gift that God had so lovingly given.

I don't think its a proper statement that after receiving knowledge... we should specify that given that "that person was not born again, or willfully rejected Christ".

Otherwise it means that after being born again if we sin, then there is no more remission of sin and we end up being condemned, as the Bible teaches otherwise.

well my language seems a bit confusing, but i hope i could make you understand what i wanted to say.

thanks for your patience,

God bless u

Quote sambudhanoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 11:04pm

Dear doghter_of_zion

“Heb 10:26  For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins,”

“Hebrew 10 26 itself saying that after we have received the knowledge of the truth”

That means after hearing the gospel and rejecting it without accepting in heart.

Rom 10:14  How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Salvation is eternal it is secured in Almighty God’s hand.

God Bless you.

Edited by sambudhanoor
doghter_of_zion View Drop Down

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 9:37pm

Dear unc,

I know a person, who was born in a Christian family, he knew all about Christ, but had become an aethiest, rejecting Christ. Later on in his life, he repented, and is now a pastor. He is sure that he is saved,and that Gid is able to forgive all sins if any is willing to accept Him as his Savior. So I've also heard of many other Christians. What can you say to that? Hadn't they comitted apostacy before in life, later some became pillars of faith?

Well, this is a case thats creating a troublefor me, as many of our assembly members are divided in their outlook. I can't understand.

thanks for your prompt reply, and sory for answering late.

God bless you,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>