Pirating Software, Music, books, CDs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
drjcp View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote drjcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 4:00pm
Dear Brother,

in this particular case it is not for us to decide whether the purpose is fulfilled, because all artists, writers, and composers allow the users to do this. Once the person with authority permits people to use his product in this manner, we are not doing wrong.

The reasoning behind it are many. For example, all workers feel that if their work has to survive in the market, then it should be so good that people would automatically buy an original copy, even after they hear a legal copy that belongs to someone else.

For example, I sometimes try the legal software that belongs to others. If it is good, I automatically buy a legal copy. If not, I simply delete from my computer  and return the copy to the owner.

After hundreds of years of mutual discussion among the concerned and among the lawmakers this is a permission granted in all copyright laws.

Johnson C. Philip
www.ApologeticsCourses.Com
www.BiblicalArcheology.net
nelnob1 View Drop Down

Quote nelnob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2007 at 4:22pm

Dear brother,

In continuation to  my previous post and your answers, how does a person fix the rate for the original cassette , what are the criterias, the rates include the amount paid to the singers, the fees of the recording studios, the orchestration fees, the casstte itself, the rate of  printing cover etc. they come up with a rate for a single piece, original. How come the owner with a single original piece goes to another country, purchase empty CD's in a peanut rate, copies with the CD writer free of charge and copies the covers and sells it at more than double the rate, is is not cheating the normal customers.On a beleif we purchase the collection is for a noble purpose, it is for the concerened person who collects it to be an accountabilty with God

Yours in Christ

Samuel.V.J

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today and forever
drjcp View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote drjcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 1:21am
When someone sells a product, he is at freedom to sell at any price. The buyer can claim no say in fixing the price. He should buy it if he wants. If he feels the cost is too much, and that he cannot or should not pay, he can refrain from buying it.

The only legal stipulation and biblical stipulation on the seller is that he should sell only what he is authorized to sell.
nelnob1 View Drop Down

Quote nelnob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 3:09am

Dear Dr.Johnson,

I wont agree with you in this regard, for every thing there is a rate fixed either by the goverment or the establishment and a profit as per the laws of the land by the shopkeeper. Very often we see a original and duplicate is not sold at the same price, unless there is cheating hidden. And in a rate approved by the government the customer opts for the original stuff, Is it not piracy by the owner when the owner with a single orignal piece copies unsytematically and the product reaches the customer with double the rate.

Yours in Christ

Samuel.V.J

drjcp View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote drjcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 3:35am
Except for essential items (such as life saving drugs) no government fixes any price. Biblically speaking also it is not the government's duty to fix prices. That is basically a marxist idea.

Anyway this has no relevance to the issue of believers cheating produces of software and other items. What do you say

tomj View Drop Down

Quote tomj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 6:11am

Dear Johnson,

There are laws protecting the copyrights of the Artists. But what about the Artists who make money out of someone else's composition? There are many Christian Hymns now being marketed. Are there any regulations that the roalty be paid to the Hymn writers?

I wondered about it.

Regards,

Tom J

Regards,

Tom J
drjcp View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote drjcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 7:35pm
Dear Brother

There are definite regulations about that. And all artists who use songs in the west pay the composers first and get a written permission.

These laws do not apply 75 years after the original composer passes away. However, up to these 75 years copyright belongs to the composer and his next of kin.

In Indian Christian circles composers have never demanded remuneration so people use their songs without paying anything. This is wrong.

In fact almost no royalty is paid by anyone in Indian Christian circles. I have never received even a penny for all the massive volumes (800 to 2400 pages) that I wrote in Malayalam.

Johnson C. Philip
nelnob1 View Drop Down

Quote nelnob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 8:45pm

Dear Dr.Johnson,

As you just mentioned "In fact almost no royalty is paid by anyone in Indian Christian circles. I have never received even a penny for all the massive volumes (800 to 2400 pages) that I wrote in Malayalam." and I dont think this trend is going to be changed, because we believers take things for granted at times, and dear brother, who has the right to change the original  lyrics and the tune of the song from its original version, which is happening nowadays, good classical songs of our old appachans have been westernised by rock and pop, how we can justify it.

Yours in Christ

Samuel.V.J

drjcp View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote drjcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 10:39pm
Dear Brother

it is wrong to edit copyrighted material, but again there has been no control in these matters inside the Christian world

Johnson C. Philip
nelnob1 View Drop Down

Quote nelnob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 10:53pm

Dear brother,

So we a few in number here, what is use of this discussing this matter, can we any time make a reform, when we consider illegal things legal , many a times we are also not aware about consequences, and hence we are indulged in it, indirectly.

Yours in Christ

Samuel.V.J

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>