Pirating Software, Music, books, CDs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
drjcp View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote drjcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 11:06pm
Dear Brother

even if there is a one to one discussion, it has its value. After all a lot of spiritual activity takes place one to one.

Doing something out of ignorance is different in substance from doing something with full info.

Johnson C. Philip
www.ApologeticsCourses.Com
www.BiblicalArcheology.net
nelnob1 View Drop Down

Quote nelnob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2007 at 11:17pm

Dear br.Johnson,

I oblige your comments, one more querry, why are no new writers, lyricist and composers being promoted amon our midst, we enjoy the melody and the lyrics of Mahakavi. K.V.Simon. M.E.C, T.K.S, E.I.J, C.S.M, C.J., G.P & A.V which is widely used and thier songs are repeatedly used in our meetings and we prefer to sing and listen to that, there are many new lyricist come up with new songs, but worth listening a couple of times, if I am not mistaken, after charles John, George peter, and aniyan varghese , we rarely see any new writers name in our athmeeya getthangal, there are many more writer and composers, like Wilson cheganathil, J.V.Peter, P.K.Sam, whose many of thier songs linger in our ears but not found in our song books , Why?

Yours in Christ

Samuel.V.J

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today and forever
drjcp View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote drjcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 2:50am
Dear Brother

I think the writers you mentioned are not from Brethren background. Our songbooks select only Brethren writers -- and often there is a good reason for that.

Also, it seems that  the special grace given to writers, teachers, and composers among us has suddenly become less. Perhaps increasing affluence and worldliness is one cause. Only few are left uncontaminated by now.

Johnson C. Philip

Edited by drjcp
nelnob1 View Drop Down

Quote nelnob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 3:16am

Dear Dr.Johnson in Christ,

A very sad part , we often sing thier songs and get blessed with, but as they are not brethren, they dont find a place in our song books, why are we so reserved in our thoughts, then what about sadhu Kochukunju updeshi, if I am not mistaken at the time of death , he was not in brethren, but his songs are there in our books, though it is out of the topic, but still I am forced to ask, our pentectostal brothers, have the basics of salvation and adult baptism same as of us, and they have some teaching which we dont accept, such as anointing of holy spirit, and speaking of other tounges, then why there is a sense of enemity between us and them, as per my views . They also are Gods children, they also have accepted Lord as thier personal savior, and thier salvation is secured, will thier be classifications in heavenly kingdom.

Yours in Christ

samuel.V.J

drjcp View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote drjcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 3:27pm
Dear Brother Samuel

some who had brethren connection but who left have their songs in our books.

Well, I feel there are some good reasons for keeping non Brethren outside, and on practical level I feel it is the right thing to do because we do not even know about the salvation experience of many non brethren writers

Johnson C. Philip
nelnob1 View Drop Down

Quote nelnob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 4:03pm

Dear Dr. Johnson in Christ,

Then in that case, we should not sing thier songs among our midst, the whole malayalee christian world sings our songs, irrespective of any denominations, and all of our songs are thier in thier books too. If my information are true, our dear appachan M.E.C  use to write & give songs for maramon conventions until there was some misunderstanding, I dont know might be about the royalty or the name through which they published the songs. I hope you purposely avoided the latter part of myprevious post. When brethren and pentecostal are born again believers who have taken adult baptism, but always stays like a mongoose and snake , when we see each other face to face , I have had the experience when one of my cousins who is a pentecostal came with me to assembly for a couple of weeks, I informed the elders of the assembly that he is a guest, and he is born again beleiver, but goes to a pentecostal denomination, the response was if he continues here with our assembly he can partake from the Lords table and not even there was no introduction and I hope it happens in all the assemblies, and vice versa the same , if a brethren believer goes to thier gathering , the first thing they ask, have you obtained the anointing of holy spirit, do you have the talent of other toungues. A strange behavior among believers.

Yours in Christ

Samuel.V.J

drjcp View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote drjcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2007 at 10:56pm
Dear Brother

it does not matter if others take our songs. However, we should be very cautious in taking songs from outsiders. If some assemblies careless use such songs, it can have bad consequences.

If people listen to these songs, it shows lack of discernment in a small area that can in the long run affect things that are more serious

Johnson C. Philip
nelnob1 View Drop Down

Quote nelnob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 1:36am

Dear brother Johnson,

Should we look to persons or the lyrics of each songs, which often has got spiritual meanings and words of spiritual consolations. How can we classify a believer in christ as an outsider, just because he is not a member of our gathering, , dear brother there was an era we brethren were perfect in all aspects, in soundness in the scriptures, in following what the scriptures taught , in maintaining a seperation, but its almost gone , the present generation through which I am passing through and the next generation has negotiated with the world around in many aspects.There are still some aspects where we cling on, which we hope it may go long, our generation due to lackness in soundness of scriptures have so many questions which cannot be answered at several times, what has made them to reach such conclusions has to be thought upon.

Yours in Christ

Samuel.V.J

drjcp View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote drjcp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2007 at 2:19am
My Dear brother

I am not claiming that the Brethren are perfect. Nor that outsiders are less than perfect. That is the not the issue here.

The basic issue is: God's word demands separation. Thus it is better for the separated believers not to entertain songs of others.

I feel this topic should have a thread of its own. If you feel led of the Lord to have a fuller discussion on "Whose Songs Should We Sing" then do start a thread on this topic and I will present a fuller biblical discussion in that thread

Johnson C. Philip
Joy Boy View Drop Down

Quote Joy Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2007 at 8:32am
Originally posted by tomj

Dear Johnson,

There are laws protecting the copyrights of the Artists. But what about the Artists who make money out of someone else's composition? There are many Christian Hymns now being marketed. Are there any regulations that the roalty be paid to the Hymn writers?

I wondered about it.

Regards,

Tom J

The items to which you refer, that is, old hymns newly recorded, etc, are copywritten only with respect to any changes to the original.  So, if the new artist changes the musical arrangement, or adds verses, then these are copywritten.

Regardless of the rightness or wrongness of this, the law of hte land (I'm referring to the USA now), says we must pay for it.  For songs, we must even pay licensing fees to display the lyrics on a public over head, powerpoint or hymnbook. 

Even Bible translations are copywritten.  you can't download a e-version of the NIV or NASV etc, without paying for them.  If you do, then this too is infringement.

Again, regardless of what we feel about the rightness or wrongness of this, we have to obey the law of the land.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>