Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Standing for faith

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mathewgeorge View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote mathewgeorge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2007 at 8:04am

Dear Brother Samuel,

Does the lifting up of holy hands really mean the raising of hands physically? Does it really make it mandatory to raise our hands when we pray? Does it also mean that people whose hands are not holy can pray without raising their hands?

Is it not our holy acts that are refered to here as holy hands?

I think we may find the answer in the latter part of 1 Ti 2:2 reading .................that we may lead a quiet and peaceable  life in all godliness and honesty. (pl read V: 3 also)

yours in Christ

Mathew

Ps. 19: 14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in thy sight , O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer
sambudhanoor View Drop Down

Quote sambudhanoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2007 at 5:07pm

Dear Bro. Samuel

1Ti 2:8  I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting;

If one has the confidence, testimony amongst the people around you, and the Holy Spirit, prompt , I believe he can raise the hands and pray, but the points mentioned in the scripture should be followed.

1.   Men should only do.

2.   In Praying times.

3.   Lifting Holy Hands.

4.   Without wrath and doubting.

I could see that some evangelists, senior members of the assemblies lift up their hand and praying.

Psa 141:2  Let my prayer be set forth before You as incense, and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.

Psa 134:2  Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless Jehovah.

1Ki 8:22  Then Solomon stood before the altar of the LORD in the presence of all the assembly of Israel, and spread out his hands toward heaven;

It can be taken as spiritual meaning as Bro. Mathew George mentioned:

Act 10:2  one devout and fearing God, with all his household, both doing many merciful deeds to the people, and praying continually to God.

Act 10:4  And he was gazing at him, and becoming terrified, he said, What is it, lord? And he said to him, Your prayers and your merciful deeds have come up for a memorial before God.

Act 10:31  And he said, Cornelius, your prayer is heard, and your merciful deeds have been remembered before God.

Yours in Christ.

nelnob1 View Drop Down

Quote nelnob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2007 at 5:31pm

Dear Br. Mathew & Samkutty in Christ,

Thanks both of you very much for your spiritual advices, I was just asking which arose from my understanding which was physical lifiting of hands as per my view.

Yours in Christ

Samuel.V.J

Edited by nelnob1
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today and forever
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12