Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Standing for faith

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
doghter_of_zion View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Standing for faith
    Posted: 01 October 2007 at 11:17pm

Dear brethren,

We can discuss various things which we follow according to the Scriptural teachings, which may not be followed by people of other groups of other religion or denominations. Do join in.

“1 Peter 3: 15 but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence;”

May the Lord’s name be glorified!

Maranatha!!!

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2007 at 11:24pm

Dear brethren,

1 Corinthians 14:34

let the women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but let them be in subjection, as also saith the law.

We in the assembly practice this, according to the teachings of the Scriptures. But suppose a person from other denomination were to ask ‘why do you allow the women to sing? If you want to follow the Scriptures, you should follow it to its entirety! How can the women say amen, and sing, and you say that woman can’t speak. ’

What would be your answer?

Sincerely in Christ,

Tinka

Maranatha!!!
nelnob1 View Drop Down

Quote nelnob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 3:09pm

Dear Sister Tinka in Christ,

<<1 Corinthians 14:34  let the women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but let them be in subjection, as also saith the law.>>

The dictionary meaning of speak is : TALK, CONVERSE, CHAT, HAVE A WORD & ADDRESS

Your Question:<<why do you allow the women to sing>> does any of the above following meaning suits in for singing.

Yours in Christ

Samuel.V.J

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today and forever
sambudhanoor View Drop Down

Quote sambudhanoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2007 at 5:58pm

Dear Sis. Tinka

1Co 14:34  Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says.

I think this is the subject of Headship, women are not permitted to teach, exhort or preach were men are present and do not take the headship as the man is the head of the woman.

Sisters can sing, say praises, say amen and give testimony when the assembly permits. They can have their own meeting, where they can meditate, teach, exhort and preach and pray as they like, this is my opinion.

Eph 5:23  For the husband is head of the wife, as also Christ is head of the church; and He is the Savior of the body.

Eph 5:24  Therefore, just as the church is subject to Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything.

1Co 11:3  But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

Yours in Christ.

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 7:56pm

Dear brethren, bro Samkutty and bro Samuel,

Thanks for your reply. Please don’t for once even think that I differ from your stand, but all I want to know is, how to answer, when these questions are asked to us.

Based on what you have said, as it also mentions in 1 Tim 2:11-14

11A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. 13For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner.”

Now suppose, some were to ask, can women pray aloud in the church? You’ve told that they can’t have authority, but can they pray for their individual self ? or for sisters, can say Amen, etc. If such is the argument, what should be our answer?

Sincerely in Christ,

Tinka

Maranatha!!!
nelnob1 View Drop Down

Quote nelnob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2007 at 8:29pm

Dear sister in Christ,

Practically till date I have not seen any assembly requesting a sister to pray in an assembly, where brothers are present. Addressing a gathering where brethren, in any type by exhortation, messages and prayer, it will be  an individual audible presentation where others hear , so I hope the verse is self explanatory, when we sing and give praises together, it is collective voice coming out, when we say amen, it is a collective voice coming out, but when we pray or exhort, it is an individual voice to be heard,and this is where Apostle paul exhorts women not permitted to speak and to be silent and submissive to maintain the decorum of headship Christ the head of the church, man the head of women. And why Paul exhorts , the answer is there in Timothy.

As Br.samkutty wrote , there are venues where Sister can exhort, can pray, teach and so on.

Yours in Christ

Samuel.V.J

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 1:30am

Dear brother Sameul,

Thanks for replying.

Suppose someone tells you that do you have a Scriptural verse to prove that sisters can't pray for themselves audibly in the assembly?

I'm not saying that in  any assembly we find such situation, but we find so in some denominational churches. And often I come across who argue such.

Sincerely in Christ,

Tinka

Maranatha!!!
nelnob1 View Drop Down

Quote nelnob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 3:16pm

Dear sister in Christ,

<<Suppose someone tells you that do you have a Scriptural verse to prove that sisters can't pray for themselves audibly in the assembly?>>

In a complete assembly no one is allowed to pray for themselves, it is called personal prayer, when a person is praying , he is representing the gathering and others are praying with him silently and the word Amen yes we all agree to what the brother had prayed. I had given the meaning of Speak in my earlier post, an audible presentation in any means(TALK, CONVERSE, CHAT, HAVE A WORD & ADDRESS)  individually by a sister is prohibited in the gathering of the saints. This is from the word of God, in our assemblies sisters do say thier testimonies in the weekly meetings in the gathering of the saints which is also a deviation from the word of God but it has become a practice,  but exhortations , messages and prayers it is prohibited as per the word of God.

Yours in Christ

Samuel.V.J

sambudhanoor View Drop Down

Quote sambudhanoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2007 at 7:14pm

Dear Sister Tinka

Following is the Scripture says that Public prayer is done by men. Public prayer or the assembly prayer is the leading one which has to be done by men.

1Ti 2:8  I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting;

In the following verses 1 Timothy 2: 8 – 15 we can see that it is mentioned about silence of Sisters.

Yours in Christ.

nelnob1 View Drop Down

Quote nelnob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 4:57pm

Dear Br. Samkutty in Christ,

It was apt verse for the querry by sister, but a new doubt arising now from the verse you quoted

<<1Ti 2:8  I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting; >>

I havent seen any one praying  in brethren assemblies lifting up of Holy hands , except in some assemblies and in  certain occassions at the time of benediction. What does lifting up of Holy hands and praying mean and why is not practised as per the scriptures.Is this because our hands are not holy

Yours in Christ

Samuel.V.J

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>