Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NO - WOMEN RULE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sambudhanoor View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote sambudhanoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2007 at 11:14pm

Dear Bro. Jimple

Bro. Samuel is already replied to your queries.

Sisters have the freedom to share the Gospel, Bro. Aquilas and Sis. Priscialla are helpful in Paulís ministry.

When we look at the secular world we can see certain jobs have been carried-out by men only because of womens physical limitations.

Most of our evangelists wives are involved with the ministry, sometimes they also accompany their husband while sharing the Gospel.

There is no point in taking headship of the Natural man by the Spiritual Woman, but a sister can share the Gospel with the Natural men/women.

An example is Sis. Tinka in this forum, who is from a Hindu background, she might have shared the Gospel with his father or brothers etc. My grandmother was an evangelist, whoever share the Gospel is the evangelist. This is the story before 55 years my grandma shared the Gospel with a boy (who is from a Hindu background) who was a friend of her son (my uncle) and usually visits our house. He accepted Jesus Christ as his personal saviour, he and his family, his sister & family all are our believers.

Yours in Christ.

Edited by sambudhanoor
John Miller View Drop Down

Quote John Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2007 at 3:31am
Dear brethren,

As a matter of interest, my paternal grandfather was converted through listening to a woman preaching!

Your brother in Christ,

John
John Miller
jimple View Drop Down

Quote jimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2007 at 8:05pm

Thanks brothers for your thoughts!

I can understand the physical limitations/practical difficulties of women to do a full time ministry.

But if we see the sisters of Jehovah's Witnesses and some other denominations, they are also living in this 'restricted' society and if they can go and preach from house to house and go around without their husbands in this world without fear, I feel our sisters can perform better.

Just my thoughts!...I am not critcising anybody nor I believe that we are moving in a wrong direction but I feel we should encourage our sisters to take a little more effort in these areas as I hardly ever seen our sisters accompanying their husband while going outside to share the Gospel..... Trust we need a little more flexibilty in our system (not inside the church).

Your brother in Christ,
Jimple.
Yours In Him
Jimple C Paul
doghter_of_zion View Drop Down

Quote doghter_of_zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2007 at 9:27pm

Dear bro Jimple, and my dear brethren,

Its true that most sisters are not able to go out for out-reach ministry, which I observe mostly is because of their various works and home and also soceital limitations. By this I mean that even when I go out for out-reach ministry, I have been adviced by some that I should not go out with brethren.

So it may have to do with our attitude. May be we are not open-minded enough. You know I was talking to one of the evangelists in Bengal, and I found out that none of the sisters in Bengal have studied theology! Even among the local brethrens(excluding the one who have come from other places) none have done MTh!

Also it depends upon the call. You know, sometime I get a bit discouraged, and think that I should lead my life like all other sisters, sit at home and concentrate more on my studies, but the word of God even showed me what I felt then as I was reading the book of Jeremiah 20, esp. verses 8 and 9.

I have heard, though have not seen much here, that in an evangelist's family, the evangelist and his wife together go out for ministry. Well I'm happy to hear thyat there are some atleast! But I hope they are able to go out regularly, by which i mean not occasionally.

Sincerely in Christ,

Tinka

Maranatha!!!
nelnob1 View Drop Down

Quote nelnob1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2007 at 12:05am

Dear Sister Tinka in Christ,

<<By this I mean that even when I go out for out-reach ministry, I have been adviced by some that I should not go out with brethren.>>

Sister would you please clarify the particuar sentence what you have wrote, is there any  probibition  to go with brethren assembly believers or particularly with brothers.

<<Even among the local brethrens(excluding the one who have come from other places) none have done MTh!>>

There are very rare brethren who have done Mth in this forum itself.To share the Gospel , not a big knowledge of scriptures is needed, the Joy of Salvation what we have obtained by the sacrifice of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, is to proclaim without fear,that Christ has redeemed from my sins, would you like to accept this salvation with a couple of verses , which is quite familiar from Romans and John, and when there is series of question and helples you can come back with those brethren who are well versed with, when we gain the courage of telling Gospel, one moment is enough for a sinner to understand about his sin,and  the Holy spirit will act accordingly.Let us do our task and leave the remaining to God.

<<But if we see the sisters of Jehovah's Witnesses and some other denominations, they are also living in this 'restricted' society and if they can go and preach from house to house and go around without their husbands in this world without fear, I feel our sisters can perform better.>>

A matter to be noted , but for this permissions and understanding needed from thier husbands.

If we look to ratio of man to woman, woman are equal to man poplulation and there is a vast area woman souls who havent known about salvation , let sisters take the intitiative as br. Jimple state with the brothers or brethren will have  to minister double to achieve the 50% of the women population.

Yours in Christ

Samuel.V.J

Edited by nelnob1
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, today and forever
sambudhanoor View Drop Down

Quote sambudhanoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2007 at 5:24pm

Dear Bro. Jimple

When we look at the New Testament we did not see any women evangelists at all at the same time sisters were helping in the evangelistic mission. One example is Sister Priscilla, but she was ministering with her husband Aquilas. Sisters can do personal evangelism alone or door to door ministry along with their husbands on with the brethrens.

We do not need to take Jehovah witness false propaganda missions.

Yours in Christ.

Quote John Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2007 at 3:21am
Dear brothers and sisters,

When it comes to sharing the good news about Jesus and the salvation that is to be found in him alone, a wonderfully inspiring autobiography that I would commend to all is "Out Of The Black Shadows" by Stepen Lungu. He was a black terrorist who was convicted of sin and converted when on the point of committing mass murder in an evangelistic campaign tent in Kenya.

I don't know if it would be available to purchase in India, but it is a most remarkable book, which tells of the transformation of a violent murderer to becoming an international evangelist who now preaches the Gospel throughout the world and can speak fluently in ten languages!

Your brother in Christ,

John
John Miller
davidchase View Drop Down

Quote davidchase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2008 at 4:56pm
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
I wish to submit that brethren mission hospitals which were run by women leaders initially have contributed significantly to the proclammation of the gospel. Most of the missionaries (I mean overseas missionaries) have since handed over the responsibility to local people, once again in some instances, women, who have been able to witness very effectively. They have definitely complemented the work of the men-folk in the local church, without disobeying the command to submit to the leadership in the church.  I can only praise God for the way women have been used in such situations.
David Chase
david chase

Quote John Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2008 at 2:00pm
Dear David Chase, brother in the Lord,

Your observation is very helpful and most important. Down through the centuries, godly women have been instrumental in furthering the work of the gospel in many, many ways. I believe that the devotion and commitment of such women is only known and fully valued by God, but will be displayed and rewarded in eternity. At the judgement seat of Christ, many whose labours may have gone unnoticed by man will be given the prize that they deserve by their Heavenly Master.

Your brother in Christ,

John
John Miller
Be A Berean View Drop Down

Quote Be A Berean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2009 at 9:18pm
I have previously posted this in kb.net  once again:

www.biblegateway.com/passage/1 Cor 14 discusses order in the church.  v23  begins a section where Paul corrects the Corinthian church regarding the use of gifts.  v33 seems to be a statement of purpose applying to both the verses preceding and the verses after.

After some thought, I want to present questions regarding the verses after 33, and their relationship to 1 Tim 2:11-15

1. We are told that women are not to teach but to remain silent "whenever the whole church gathers together".   Does this include sunday school?  are women allowed to teach Sunday school?  Are female students allowed to speak audibly in Sunday School?  Why/Why not?
It seems to me that there are 4 instances for which the whole church comes together--the 4 purposes of a church as stated in Acts 2:42: "doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers."  If these are the instances where the whole church comes together, does Sunday school count since it is a subset of the entire congregation?  But on the other hand, the rest of the church (at least where I fellowship) is meeting in their own meeting, studying the Bible.   So, even though Sunday School is for children/teens, the adults are meeting in a separate room with their own Bible Study.  Therefore does this count as a meeting of the whole church?

2. What about testimonies that are given both after the Breaking of Bread is finished and at Watch night.  The first is explicitly mentioned in Acts 2:42, and the 2nd could be construed as a fellowship meeting.  Both times the entire congregation comes together.  therefore, should women be silent here also?

Thoughts? 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>