NO - WOMEN RULE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
George P. Koshy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Online Status: Offline
  Quote George P. Koshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2009 at 12:11am
Dear 'Be A Berean,'

What are your thoughts?  It will help in discussing your questions.
Shalom malekim!!!
George P. Koshy
Be A Berean View Drop Down

Quote Be A Berean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2009 at 3:09am
Br. koshy, I appreciate your studies and your thoughts on these boards. I have been lurking around these boards for years.  With all due respect, I am always really bothered by that standard response of yours "What do you think." 

I (and others) who post questions on these boards do so to find out what others think, because we have come to a crossroads in our personal studies.  

Your "what do you think" type response, no matter what your intention, comes across as a bit arrogant.  I know you may be offended by my frankness; I mean no offense, I just wanted to let you know. 

That all being said, I am not sure what I think.  This is why I am here.  I have posted my quandry in my previous post--the two options of thought, but my problems reconciling two verses.
sambudhanoor View Drop Down

Quote sambudhanoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2009 at 1:57pm

Dear beaberean

I think most of your question has been answered as a reply to Jimple by myself and other brothers.

1Co 14:34  let the women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but let them be in subjection, as also saith the law.

1Co 14:35  And if they would learn anything, let them ask their own husbands at home: for it is shameful for a woman to speak in the church. (ASV).

1Ti 2:11  Let a woman learn in quietness with all subjection.

1Ti 2:12  But I permit not a woman to teach, nor to have dominion over a man, but to be in quietness.

Gen 3:16  Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy pain and thy conception; in pain thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

I could see and understand that most of our assembly allowed sisters to teach the Sunday School Children, allowed to testify in Cottage meetings, after the worship meetings and year end meeting etc.

Here, the issue is Headship and Leadership, in the whole church, where the redeemed men are present, it is not permitted to women to speak but women can take lead in their own women meeting.

In Christ

SNG

George P. Koshy View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote George P. Koshy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2009 at 6:18pm

Dear ‘Be A Berean,’

I asked the question to find out how much you studied before you asked those questions on the Forum.  Since you wrote that you have difficulty in comprehending the verses, I would like to guide your thought process, first.

Let us consider the first question before going into the second.  Could you tell us from the Word of God, what are the assembly meetings?  (Note:  Many of us prefer to use the word Church for the Greek word EKKLHSIA or EKKLESIA, but “Assembly” is a better word to use.)  An assembly meeting is what is stated in the New Testament as the Assembly being “gathered” or “come together.”  If you study this, then your first question will be answered from the Bible.

Let us proceed, at a slower pace in studying the Word of God by searching in it.

Shalom malekim!!!
George P. Koshy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123